Professional Pest Control
What should a homeowner look for when selecting a PCO?
A recent national study found that over 50% of homeowners take the time to check the certifications of pest control companies before hiring them. This is a great start when looking to select a PCO. You should make sure to do the following:
- Always deal with a qualified and licensed pest management company that is a member of national, state or local pest management associations.
- Ask friends and neighbors to recommend companies they have used successfully and how satisfied they were with the service.
- Check prospective choices with the local Better Business Bureau for a reliability report or to see if complaints have been filed against the company you have in mind.
- If a sizable amount of money is involved, get bids from several pest management firms.
- Don’t rush a decision. Since you are paying for professional knowledge as well as skillful application of pesticides, look for someone whose judgment you can trust.
- Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the nature of the pest to be exterminated, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- Find out if the company has liability insurance to cover any damages to your house or furnishings during treatment.
- If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing prevention and management are necessary.
- Buy value, not price. Beware of bargains that sound too good to be true
Just Call Hulett! 866-611-2847
Hulett Environmental Services has been serving South Florida for over 40 years! We are a full service pest control company specializing in South Florida bugs.