The National Pest Management Association, a nonprofit organization committed to the protection of public health, food and property from household pests, offers these tips to help prevent fleas and ticks:
- Check pets frequently for fleas and flea dirt. Be aware of excessive scratching, licking and nibbling grooming behavior in pets Avoid walking in tall grass where there is a greater chance of encountering fleas and ticks
- Avoid tick habitats such as low-growing brushy vegetation along the edge of the woods or a trail
- Bathe pets after walks or playtime with other animals
- Wash pet bedding, collars and plush toys frequently
- Wash bed linens and vacuum carpets, floors and furniture frequently
- Empty vacuum bags in an outside receptacle
- Speak to a veterinarian about flea and tick prevention treatments
- If you suspect an infestation, contact a licensed pest professional immediately to treat the problem.
For more information or to speak with a pest a professional about your flea or tick issues, visit/call WWW.BUGS.COM
Just Call Hulett! 866-611-2847
Hulett Environmental Services has been serving South Florida for over 40 years! We are a full service pest control company specializing in South Florida bugs.