Hulett reminds homeowners to be cautious of unwanted pests as the season changes
The fall season is known to many as the time of year when the leaves change, the air becomes crisp and the nights grow longer. But, it is also a peak time for pests to make their way indoors seeking food, shelter and warmth. Hulett Environmental, a pest management company servicing the South Florida warns that homeowners are likely to experience increased pest activity inside the home as the seasons change.
During the fall months, smaller pests including spiders, cockroaches and rodents search for a place to take refuge from the cold winter ahead – and houses are a great option. Unfortunately, these pests usually multiply fast, leading to a greater infestation and pest problem. They can damage homes and can even become a danger to our health
Experts at the National Pest Management Association, a nonprofit organization committed to the protection of public health, food and property from household pests, recommend the following tips to keep pests at bay this fall:
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of the home with caulk.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and keep shrubbery well trimmed.
We also encourage homeowners to always be on the lookout for tell tale signs of a pest infestation. If you find rodent feces, hear sounds of scurrying in the walls or observe gnaw marks on wires, it’s best to contact a pest professional to inspect and treat the potential problem.
Just Call Hulett! 866-611-2847
Hulett Environmental Services has been serving South Florida for over 40 years! We are a full service pest control company specializing in South Florida bugs.