INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT PROGRAM KEY TO SUCCESSFUL PEST CONTROL
Hulett Environmental discusses the importance of creating an integrated pest management (IPM) program
IPM is a process involving common sense methods and environmentally friendly solutions for controlling pests. The approach incorporates three basic steps: inspection, identification and treatment by a pest professional.
The goal of IPM is to stop pests before they invade homes. Developing an IPM program with a professional will give homeowners peace of mind that they will be protected against pest-related health and property threats.”
There are a few standard pest prevention protocols in every IPM program. Pest experts at the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and Hulett recommend the following techniques:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys, and keep tree shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house.
- Eliminate sources of moisture and keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Keep counters, floors and other surfaces clean and free of crumbs.
- Store food in plastic or glass containers with secure lids.
- Vacuum often.
Just Call Hulett! 866-611-2847
Hulett Environmental Services has been serving South Florida for over 40 years! We are a full service pest control company specializing in South Florida bugs.