It’s much easier to prevent a rodent infestation than to remove them after they’ve turned your home into their new residence. Here are a few steps homeowners can take to keep their homes rodent-free:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your home to help prevent rodents from finding easy entryways.
- Keep shrubberies cut back from the house and store firewood a good distance away. The NPMA recommends that you tore firewood at least 20 feet from the home and five inches off the ground.
- Rodents can hide in clutter, so keep areas clear and store boxes off of the floor.
- Keep food in tightly sealed containers and clean up crumbs and spills.
- If you find rodent feces, hear sounds of scurrying in the walls or observe other signs of an infestation, contact a licensed pest professional to inspect and treat the pest problem.
For further information on rodents or if you have other questions related to your pest control needs, visit www.bugs.com
Just Call Hulett! 866-611-2847
Hulett Environmental Services has been serving South Florida for over 40 years! We are a full service pest control company specializing in South Florida bugs.