Hulett Environmental Services offers advice for homeowners on mosquito prevention around the property
Summer has only just begun, but several regions across the United States are reporting the mosquito season is already in full swing. Hulett Environmental pest management company servicing South Florida, encourages people to take preventative measures to eliminate mosquito breeding grounds around their property, and ultimately keep the mosquitoes from biting.
Not only can mosquitoes leave a painful, itchy bite, but they are also known to spread dangerous diseases like West Nile virus to humans. With last year being the deadliest year on record for West Nile virus in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), it’s crucial for people to take precautions against another possible outbreak this summer.
Hulett Environmental Services offers the following mosquito prevention tips:
- Eliminate areas of standing water around the home such as flowerpots, birdbaths, baby pools, grill covers and other objects where water collects. Mosquitoes need only about ½ inch of water to breed.
- Screen all windows and doors. Repair even the smallest tear or hole.
- Minimize outside activity between dusk and dawn, when mosquitoes are most active.
- If you must spend time outdoors during peak mosquito times, wear long pants, sleeves and socks. Also, use an insect repellent containing DEET, picaridin or IR3535.
- Avoid wearing dark colors and floral prints, loose-fitting garments, open-toe shoes and sweet-smelling perfumes or colognes.
For more information on mosquitoes, please visit http://www.bugs.com/bugs_database/other_bugs/mosquitoes.asp
Just Call Hulett! 866-611-2847
Hulett Environmental Services has been serving South Florida for over 40 years! We are a full service pest control company specializing in South Florida bugs.