Hulett Environmental Services recommend the following tips to keep these pests outdoors where they belong:
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of the home with caulk. Pay special attention to areas where utilities and pipes enter the home.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house and keep shrubbery well trimmed.
- Consider partnering with a licensed pest professional to identify pest problems and recommend an appropriate course of treatment.
We also encourage homeowners to eliminate all moisture sites, as some pests such as termites and carpenter ants are specifically attracted to this element. Once inside, both of these pests can cause extensive damage to homes.
Just Call Hulett! 866-611-2847
Hulett Environmental Services has been serving South Florida for over 40 years! We are a full service pest control company specializing in South Florida bugs.