PEST-PROOFING IS KEY TO PROTECTING THE HOME FROM SUMMERTIME PESTS
Hulett Environmental shares quick tips to keep common household pests outdoors
The arrival of warmer weather also signals the arrival of the most active season for common pests such as wasps, mosquitoes, flies and ants. To prevent these pests from becoming unwanted home intruders during the summer months Hulett Environmental, a pest management company servicing South Florida encourages homeowners to pest-proof around the property.
As the warmer weather serves as a wake-up call to numerous pests, its important for homeowners to spend a few hours pest-proofing the inside and outside of their homes,. Even small tasks like keeping shrubbery well-trimmed and mending ripped screens can go a long way in preventing pests from finding entry points into the home.
Hulett Environmental recommends a number of methods to keep pests outside where they belong.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Screen windows and seal potential entryways, repairing any rips or tears in screens.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around basement foundation and windows.
- Cut tree branches and plants so that they do not reach too close to the house.
- Removing sources of moisture or standing water, including bird baths and in clogged gutters.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles; some insects are drawn to deteriorating wood.
If you find any signs of an infestation after a thorough inspection of your home, contact a pest professional who can help identify and treat the problem.
For more information on common summer pests, please visit www.bugs..com