ENJOY YOUR SUMMER PEST FREE
Rather than enjoying backyard barbeques, poolside picnics and other outdoor summer sun activities, homeowners are being chased indoors as summer pests put a stinger in summer fun
A 2005 study by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) found that summer is the greatest season of concern for pests among homeowners. Hulett Environmental recommends several tips to help homeowners take back their weekends and alleviate the problems of summer pests.
- Eliminate standing water and other sources of moisture in or around the home.
- Keep tree branches and other plants cut back from the house.
- Make sure that there are no cracks or small openings around the house.
- Make sure that firewood and building materials are not stored next to the home.
- Move food indoors or under screened tents during outdoor gatherings.
- Check yourself and your pets regularly for ticks.
To learn more about common summer pests and tips to prevent them visit www.bugs.com