Mosquito Season is Here – Public Urged to Take Precautions
Hulett Environmental offers tips to prevent mosquito bites when outdoors this summer
Warmer weather is finally here and South Florida residents are no doubt spending more time outdoors. However, with increased outdoor activity, the public is at risk of becoming a meal for summer’s most dangerous and pesky pest – the mosquito. As such, Hulett Environmental Services a pest management company servicing Southern Florida, is urging the public to take preventative measures to protect themselves and their families.
Mosquitoes are emerging early across the country due to recent rainfall and an increase in temperatures,” Greg Rice, at Hulett Environmental Services. “With the threat of West Nile virus and other mosquito-borne diseases, it’s important for people to take the necessary precautions to prevent mosquito bites when spending time outdoors in the coming months.”
Hulett Environmental Services offers the following tips to avoid becoming a mosquito meal:
- Eliminate areas of standing water around the home such as flowerpots, birdbaths, baby pools, grill covers and other objects where water collects. Mosquitoes need only about a ½ inch of water to breed.
- Screen all windows and doors. Repair even the smallest tear or hole.
- Minimize outside activity between dusk and dawn, when mosquitoes are most active. If you must be outside during those times, consider staying inside a screened-in porch or dressing in clothing that leaves very little exposed skin.
- Avoid wearing dark colors, loose-fitting garments, and open-toe shoes.
- Always use an insect repellant containing DEET, picaridin, IR3535 or oil of lemon eucalyptus when spending time outdoors or traveling, especially in areas known to have increased mosquito populations.
- If you are concerned about mosquito activity in your area, contact a pest management company or your local mosquito abatement district.
For more information on mosquitoes and other summer pests, please visit http://www.bugs.com/bugs_database/other_bugs/mosquitoes.asp
For an outdoor event, Hulett has another effective tool in its pest control arsenal to cover large areas. Hulett’s Mosquito Fogging Services which uses the ULV (Ultra Low Volume) foggers to combat and deflect adult mosquito populations outdoors — from backyards to community common areas, condominium properties to businesses — anywhere people may want to gather to enjoy the beautiful South Florida lifestyle.
If you want immediate and effective relief from biting mosquitoes … Call Hulett and ask about the Mosquito Control Program and Mosquito Fogging Service! Used together or separately as need – Mosquitoes don’t stand a chance with Hulett!