Rodent Infestation Signs:
- Droppings. Typically left behind in kitchen cabinets and pantries, along walls, on top of wall studs or beams, near nests, and in boxes, bags, old furniture and other objects.
- Noises. Rodents often make scurrying sounds most often at night as they move about and nest.
- Gnaw marks. New gnawings tend to be rough to the touch and are light colored.
- Tracks/footprints. These along with tail marks are easily found in areas where the rodents travel.
- Burrows. Inside, rodents often nest in various materials such as insulation, and they prefer nesting areas that are dark and secluded.
- Damaged food packages. Mice prefer seeds or cereals while Norway rats prefer meat, fish and dry dog food.