Pest and Termite Control Fort Lauderdale
Pest control in Fort Lauderdale and Broward County is essential for protecting homes and businesses against insects and rodents that like to invade spaces in the sunny beachfront city. Termite control in Fort Lauderdale is also crucial, as the bugs love to infest wood in warm, damp areas such as buildings along the waterway. Hulett Environmental Services is a family-owned business that has worked in South Florida exclusively for 50 years, helping home and business owners alike to overcome all their pest problems.
Fort Lauderdale is a premier vacation destination and a dream city for residents. Full of luxury hotels and resorts that offer spectacular views of the bright blue ocean, a busy downtown area with eclectic restaurants, and a buzzing nightlife, it's the place to be. Home to nearly 200,000 individuals and ranked in the top 25 cities in America to start a career, Fort Lauderdale is a city continuously on the rise.
However, along with a growing population, growing economy, countless canals, marinas, and boatyards, Fort Lauderdale also attracts many unwanted pests. Don't let insects or rodents wreak havoc on your home or business. Call Hulett today at (954) 797-7221 for all your needs regarding pest control in Fort Lauderdale.
Why Choose Hulett?
Hulett Environmental Services is the premier pest and rodent control company in South Florida. We know how deeply personal your home and business are to you, near and dear to your heart. They are spaces where your family gathers to eat, play, and laugh, and where your employees give it their all day after day. We consider this during each inspection and treatment service we provide.
When Hulett provides pest control in Fort Lauderdale, we promise:
- Unparalleled service compared to each of our competitors
- Trained and certified applicators and pest specialists that arrive promptly
- Individualized training from a Board-Certified Entomologist where you will learn how to use Integrated Pest Management
- A meticulous inspection of your home, business, and property
- Precise pest identification
- Employment of only the most state-of-the-art products and treatment methods
- Pest and rodent elimination services that are family and pet-safe
- Green services that will never harm the environment
- A treatment plan that is customized based on your particular needs
Hulett Pest Control in Fort Lauderdale & Broward
Hulett specialists are true experts in the field of pest control in Fort Lauderdale. We will not use just one technique to treat your home, business, or property, but instead, take a multi-functional approach to ensure that your pest problem is solved once and for all. First, liquid treatments will be applied inside your home to specifically target the areas in which pests enter your house, as well as the places they gather to feed and nest. Next, our pest experts will strategically place bait around the exterior of your dwelling. This two-pronged method proves to be highly effective in getting rid of pests and making sure they do not return.
Hulett pest control in Fort Lauderdale addresses:
As Fort Lauderdale sits right on the water, which is known for attracting swarms of mosquitoes that can make it impossible to enjoy time outside watching the sunset or eating on the patio, we can also treat your surrounding property with long-term mosquito repellent. Enjoy your time basking in the beautiful weather without the sizeable bug bites and unbearable itch with Hulett's mosquito treatment.
And, if you have pets, we highly recommend treating your property for ticks and fleas. If you've ever battled a flea infestation that has made its way indoors, you know the struggle of eradicating the little pests. Not to mention the discomfort they cause your pets and the health risks that come with ticks.
Hulett Rodent Control Services
Rats and mice are on the constant hunt for their next meal, and you can't blame them. However, you certainly don't have to allow them to live in your home. They can potentially carry serious diseases and lead to unsanitary conditions. If you own a business, a rodent infestation can significantly damage your reputation.
You may notice signs of rodents as they leave droppings around your building, gnaw through electric wiring, or scurry through your walls and ceilings. As soon as you suspect rodents in or around your home/business, call Hulett right away.
The approach to treating rodents may encompass the following:
- We will set interior traps in areas of your home the rodents likely frequent
- Our experts will examine the exterior of your home and place bait boxes near sites the rodents are likely to enter through
- Rodent exclusion techniques
Hulett Termite Control in Fort Lauderdale
Termite control in Fort Lauderdale is vital as it is a beachfront city. With the stunning waters and the South East location of the city comes high levels of humidity, an extended rainy season, and of course, plenty of sun and heat. It makes for the best home for termites.
Termites can damage homes and buildings, sometimes beyond repair. As they eat their way through the wood, crucial elements of your home, such as the framework and structural beams, can become so badly damaged that reconstruction is needed. At the very first sign of termites, you must contact Hulett for termite control in Fort Lauderdale.
Our termite control in Fort Lauderdale utilizes the following methods:
- Subterranean termite protection using a liquid defense system
- Elimination of subterranean termite colonies using Sentricon baiting systems
- When needed, we will tent your building to eliminate drywood termites
- When possible, we will use a "No-Tent" treatment process to get rid of drywood termites
For the best termite control in Fort Lauderdale, it is highly recommended that you maintain your home and property with periodic termite prevention treatments. Doing so can effectively stop a re-infestation as well as prevent one before you ever have to worry.
Lawn and Ornamental Services
Fort Lauderdale is full of gorgeous perennials, tropical flowers, lush greenery, and pristine landscaping. As a destination city of Broward County, residents and business owners pride themselves on keeping lawns and property looking its very best year-round. Unfortunately, even lawns and plants are susceptible to pests and even disease in South Florida. That's right. Your plants can get sick.
Signs to look out for that may indicate a lawn or plant problem include brown splotches on your grass, grass that suddenly becomes crunchy or spongy, a sap or sticky substance coating plant leaves, or holes in your plants.
Hulett offers the following lawn and ornamental services:
- Treatment for insects that can eat away at your plants, leading to death
- Treatment for fungal diseases that can affect your lawn, causing your turf to die
- Weed control
Additionally, many homeowners notice that, at one time or another, fire ant colonies spring up outdoors. Fire ants are known to cause painful bites to humans, and you should contact Hulett Environmental Services if you notice the bugs crawling across your patios or property. We are also able to treat outdoor areas for whiteflies.
Free Inspection and Consultation
At Hulett, we believe that you should never pay for a service without a detailed evaluation of your problem. That's why we offer entirely free home and business inspections, with no obligation, to see if you require pest control in Fort Lauderdale. We will look, in detail, at all areas of your home, business, and property for any potential signs of infestation or damage.
After our careful inspection, we will provide you with our findings, as well as a personalized pest treatment plan based on the evaluation. We will work with you and your family to decide the best course of action to solve all of your pest, rodent, termite, and lawn care issues.
Fort Lauderdale Service Areas
- Bay Colony
- Birch Park Finger Streets
- Broward Mall
- Central Beach
- Coconut Creek
- Colee Hammock
- Cooper City
- Coral Ridge
- Coral Springs
- Dania Beach
- Deerfield Beach
- Everglades Br
- Financial Plaza
- Fort Lauderdale
- Galt Mile
- Golden Isles
- Hallandale Beach
- Hillsboro Beach
- Imperial Point
- Las Olas Isles
- Laud Lakes
- Lauderdale By The Sea
- Lauderdale Harbour
- Lauderdale Isles
- Lauderdale Lakes
- Laudergate Isles
- Lazy Lake
- Lighthouse Point
- North Lauderdale
- Oakland Park
- Pembroke Lakes
- Pembroke Park
- Pembroke Pines
- Pompano Beach
- Port Everglades
- Rio Vista
- Sea Ranch Lakes
- Southwest Ranches
- Victoria Park
- West Hollywood
- West Park
- Wilton Manors
- All Hulett professionals are continuously trained by a certified expert to stay abreast of the latest advancements in the pest control industry.
- Every Hulett professional is registered with South Florida.
- All Hulett professionals respond to service calls in a timely manner, usually within 24 hours’ notice.
- All Hulett technicians maintain a highly professional appearance with clean uniforms, pleasant manners, an appreciation for punctuality, and drive clean, safe, and professional-appearing vehicles.
- Hulett has 50+ years in pest control.
- President/owner Tim Hulett is a Graduate Entomologist.
- Hulett leads the industry with advanced treatment methods.
- Hulett employees utilize cutting-edge pest management programs.
- We are open on Saturday and have a 24/7 hotline.
- Hulett professionals engage in every phase of Fort Lauderdale pest management, such as pest control, rodent control, termite control fumigation, lawn care, mosquito reduction, commercial services, and pre-construction services.
- Our professionals are equipped with the most current and effective products and possess the necessary education and knowledge to do the job effectively.
- Our professionals know the habits, life cycles, food preferences, and harborage areas of the pest they are treating.
- Our professionals can identify the differences between the wide variety of insects in Fort Lauderdale, each with its own prescribed method of control.
- Our professionals are trained for safe handling of products, when and where to apply them, and how much application is necessary.
- A thorough inspection by our professionals can identify potential problems before becoming serious and effectively reduce the quantity of product application.
- Our professionals know many non-toxic methods for managing insect infestations, such as habitat modification.
Just sign in using your email address and password. Register for an account if you don’t already have one.
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Give us a call! Our professionals are here to provide answers to any questions you may have and suggest the best treatment option for you. Contact Hulett today!
“So far, so good. Normally with termite extermination they use a tent where you have to leave and remove all your food and medicine. The no-tent treatment allowed us to stay at home while they did it. Hulett was very prompt and the technician was very courteous.”
“After getting estimates from several providers, I chose Hulett because they were the only ones who explained in detail how the process would work and did not try to force me to use a tent. They were also the most reasonable cost. The salesperson and the technician were prompt, personable, and efficient.
“I've been meaning to send your mgmt team a note and comment about my service person ANDRE. I can't say enough how polite and professional Andre presents himself to your customers (me). Along with how nice he got my yard looking. I'm extremely picky on service and as I mentioned I can't say enough good things about him. He's a valuable asset to your company and please extend my thanks to him for the fantastic job he's done and it was a pleasure speaking with him when he was here for my lawn service. If I wasn't moving I obviously would not be cancelling. Thanks again to Andre”
REVIEWER: Tanya Horne
“I wanted to recognize Steven who is currently the assigned service representative for our home.
He demonstrates professionalism and is very knowledgeable with what he does.
He is always courteous and mindful of appointment times by giving a confirmation call when asked, since we have an overprotective dog and small baby.
He confirms to make sure we are in understanding and that our expectations are met. Having an employee demonstrate this character ensures that customers will continue service /recommend Hulett.
Please share this with him.
- Tanya Horne
REVIEWER: Michael T.
“They were polite, very friendly and helpful. A happy customer is a loyal customer and that is what I am after the guys came and took care of my termite problem. I’ve been taken for a ride with other companies as I have tried to get my home up to code, but now I now that Hulett Environmental Services are one of the few trustworthy companies in my area. I wish I found them sooner.”
- Michael T.
“Since they came to spray my house for bugs two months ago I haven’t had any more issues. This is a top notch pest control company. I have total trust in them and in their service because I have seen how hard they work and how well they treat their customers. Awesome company, awesome staff, awesome service!”
Neighborhood Pest Activity
In Fort Lauderdale, Florida, ants are a nuisance pest year-round since the temperatures never dip low enough to control them. If left untreated, they grow into a colony of thousands searching for food and water sources throughout your home or business to stay warm.
If ants have infested your Fort Lauderdale home, this could signal other pests will be soon to follow.
Subterranean termite swarms are most common in Fort Lauderdale during spring following rain, but may occur as early as mid-February in Florida. Termites swarm after rain showers which makes this time of year for Fort Lauderdale homes the ideal breading ground.
Termites can infest your entire Fort Lauderdale neighborhood as they tunnel from home to home scavenging for food; wood, cellulose and paper. They cause billions of dollars in structural damage each year and none of it is covered by conventional homeowner's insurance! Protect your biggest asset and your neighborhood today!
Termite swarms are most active in the spring and summer months. However, lack of swarms doesn't ensure your home is termite free. Drywood termites fly into and on structures. Any cracks in the paint on facia or outdoor wood provide excellent access for drywood termites to enter your home.
Termite damage is not covered by homeowner's insurance. They will wreak havoc on your Fort Lauderdale home's structural soundness, costing you thousands in out-of-pocket expenses. It is vital to take precaution and protect your biggest investment with annual termite inspections.
Latest Pest & Termite Control News
The beautiful warm and sunny weather in South Florida makes it one of the most desirable places to live and visit in the world. However, residents and tourists are not the only thing that love to visit the beaches and enjoy the outdoors in South Florida, so do the bugs....Read More ›
Jul 24, 2020—Insects
The Household Casebearer, also known as the plaster bagworm, is a type of moth that is prevalent throughout South Florida. However, this moth insect is most known for its juvenile caterpillar life stage where is resembles a worm-like insect hiding and protected within a flat, grey case. The...Read More ›
Homes in South Florida are in need of spider control due to the prevalence of the creepy crawlers throughout the region. There are nearly 60 different species of the eight-legged arachnids in the state. Many homeowners consider pest control to be treatment for ants, lawn pests, rodents, or...Read More ›