Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to your pest control questions!
- Why should I choose Hulett Environmental Services?
- Why should I hire a professional when I can try and do it myself?
- How long after the initial treatment does it take to see results?
- Why are baits often more effective than sprays?
- Why does Hulett’s Healthy Home service focus on the outside of my home?
- How can I tell the difference between a flying ant and a termite?
- Why does it take more than one treatment for fleas, ticks and bed bugs?
- Why are some types of ants, such as White-footed ants and Big Headed ants, such problematic pests?
- Why should I continue being on a Hulett program when I no longer seem to have pests?
- Still have a question?
Why should I choose Hulett Environmental Services?
- All technicians are trained by a certified expert on a continuous basis to make sure they are current on all the latest techniques and methods.
- All technicians are "professional" in appearance; with clean uniforms, pleasant professional manners, and an understanding of the importance of punctuality.
- All technicians drive clean, safe, and professional appearing vehicles.
- All technicians are registered with South Florida.
- All technicians render quick response service calls, usually within 24 hours of notification.
- Hulett has over 40 years of experience in the pest control industry.
- President/owner Tim Hulett is a Graduate Entomologist.
- Hulett leads the way to the future with our advanced treatment methods. We don't “follow the pack.”
- Hulett employees utilize state-of-the-art pest management programs.
- Hulett is open Saturdays and has a 24 hour hotline.
- Hulett is engaged in all phases of pest management: pest control, rodent control, termite control, fumigation, lawn care, mosquito control, commercial services, and pre-construction services.
Why should I hire a professional when I can try and do it myself?
- A Hulett professional not only has the latest and most effective products, but also the education and knowledge to get the job done right.
- A Hulett professional knows the habits, life cycles, food preferences, and harborage areas of the pest he/she is treating.
- A Hulett professional can tell the difference between the many insects that exist in South Florida, and knows that each has its own prescribed methods of control.
- A Hulett professional knows how to handle products safely, when and where to apply them, and how much application is necessary.
- A thorough inspection by a Hulett professional can spot possible problems before they become serious and therefore limit the amount of products that need to be applied.
- A Hulett professional knows many non-toxic ways of managing an insect infestation; including habitat modification, exclusion techniques, the use of growth regulators and the proper use of baits.
How long after the initial treatment does it take to see results?
Time of results will vary with the target insect and the pest management strategy employed, but for the most part results are rapid and long lasting. Your ongoing service agreement will ensure that pests are not only controlled, but prevented and kept out of your home. If bugs do somehow return, so does Hulett at no additional charge; Guaranteed!
Why are baits often more effective than sprays?
Spray products break down fairly quickly in most cases, and must be contacted by the target insect in order to be effective. However, baits work on both the bugs you see and the bugs you don’t see. Ants, for example, will bring the bait back to their nest and spread it throughout the colony. This leads to a more effective and efficient pest control system with results you can really see.
Why does Hulett’s Healthy Home service focus on the outside of my home?
South Florida = Bug’s Paradise. Outside your home is where bugs live and breed. Our service is designed to stop activity where it originates. By getting to the bugs on the outside of your home we can often prevent them from ever getting inside. This is also more convenient for you since you aren’t required to be home during the time of service. If bugs somehow return, so does Hulett at no additional charge; Guaranteed!
How can I tell the difference between a flying ant and a termite?
There are 3 easy ways to tell flying ants and termites apart:
Termite wings are all equal in length and extend well past the abdomen. Ants have wings which are unequal in length and generally end at the tip of the abdomen.
Antennae on termites are straight and beadlike, but on ants they are elbowed.
Ants have a pinched waist, but termites have no constriction in the body and are more streamlined.
Why does it take more than one treatment for fleas, ticks and bed bugs?
Fleas, ticks and bed bugs have different life cycles than other targeted species. During certain phases of their life cycle they do not succumb to treatments, so we have to “catch” them between these dormant cycles in order to attain management.
Why are some types of ants, such as White-footed ants and Big Headed ants, such problematic pests?
Some types of ants are very problematic, but with the proper service type control can be attained. For example, Big Headed ants are miners of the soil. They tunnel under slabs and enter homes through cracks in the slab and various other penetration points. They also have multiple queen colonies which allow for rapid and constant reproduction.
Even though these ants are challenging, Hulett has a service designed to manage and control them. Our program utilizes various products and methods to draw activity away from the home.
Why should I continue being on a Hulett program when I no longer seem to have pests?
We like to think of it like driving a car. If you don’t keep up the routine maintenance then the car will breakdown and eventually you will have problems.
Pest activity is exactly the same way. Our programs are designed to give your home routine maintenance to manage your pest issues and to prevent problems before they happen. Our warm climate here in Florida keeps pests active all year round. So when you think your pest problems are gone, it is only because of the routine pest “maintenance” performed by Hulett Environmental Services. Without that maintenance, your pest problems would come back.
Still have a question?
Couldn’t find an answer to your question? No problem! Our experts will address all of your concerns and questions, as well as recommend the treatment that is right for you. CLICK HERE to ask the Hulett experts your question!