What are the different types of termite treatments? Currently, there are three types of treatments available for use by the professional: soil treatments, wood treatments and baits. Soil treatments are liquid termiticides diluted with water to ensure adequate coverage in the soil. Injection of this system in the soil creates a treated area that repels or reduces the population of termites and envelops the structure with a long-term protection. This is the most commonly used system and may be used in combination with baits and/or wood treatment. Wood treatments involve treating infested wood or potentially infested wood with liquids such as a traditional treatment or borate materials. This treatment type protects the wood from infestation and reduces or eliminates the infestation in the wood at the time of the treatment. Baits are relatively new and involve installing bait stations in the ground. Termites then eat the bait and carry the active ingredient throughout the colony or area, thus reducing foraging, which in turn reduces the colony population. Baits are popular since there is no interior drilling, and they are less bother for the homeowner. What is the most effective type of termite treatment? The National Pest Management Association and the entire professional pest control industry are committed to providing highly effective treatment options for all pest issues. The most effective type of treatment depends upon the specific infestation. A trained and licensed pest control operator can assess each infestation separately and recommend a rigorous treatment plan that will effectively control the termite population.
Why should I choose Hulett Environmental Services?
- All technicians are trained by a certified expert on a continuous basis to make sure they are current on all the latest techniques and methods.
- All technicians are "professional" in appearance; with clean uniforms, pleasant professional manners, and an understanding of the importance of punctuality.
- All technicians drive clean, safe, and professional appearing vehicles.
- All technicians are registered with South Florida.
- All technicians render quick response service calls, usually within 24 hours of notification.
- Hulett has over 40 years of experience in the pest control industry.
- President/owner Tim Hulett is a Graduate Entomologist.
- Hulett leads the way to the future with our advanced treatment methods. We don't "follow the pack."
- Hulett employees utilize state-of-the-art pest management programs.
- Hulett is open Saturdays and has a 24 hour hotline.
- Hulett is engaged in all phases of pest management: pest control, rodent control, termite control, fumigation, lawn care, mosquito control, commercial services, and pre-construction services.