Pre-Construction Termite Inspection & Prevention
Our Termite Pre-Treat Services
Hulett Environmental Services has been serving a growing South Florida for more than 50 years. We offer a full line of contractor services with a $1,000,000 Subterranean Termite Damage Warranty.
Understanding how a contractor's schedule changes, our office staff is available from 7:00 am until 5:30 pm; and on Saturdays from 8:00 am until 2:00 pm. All of our vehicles are radio dispatched for IMMEDIATE service!
Today, builders have several choices when it comes to protecting their customers' homes from damaging termites; such as, Conventional Liquid Pre-treatments, BORA-CARE Pre-treatments, Termite Baiting Systems, and Timbor Drywood Termite Treatments.
Hulett offers all of these contractor services at the builder's convenience. Our paperwork is completed on time and in an orderly fashion. We understand that when you need our services, you need them right away. Hulett will keep you on schedule with the best response time in the industry!
Your company has worked hard building a solid reputation, and you can enhance that reputation with a dependable and proven company like Hulett Environmental Services.
Pre-Construction Termite Prevention Discounts & Coupons
Learn More About Hulett's Pre-Construction Termite Treatment Services
The Reliable Conventional Liquid Termite Pre-Treatment
Hulett's Conventional Liquid Pre-treatments are always completed correctly and on time! We have the best response time in the industry, and that means you stay on schedule. The major objective of this liquid pre-treatment is to establish the product barrier between the soil, where termites live, and the wood or other cellulose material in the home.
Pre-treating a structure for damaging termites requires specialized equipment as well as advanced technical training. Hulett's specialized pre-treat trucks and equipment are custom built, and have the capacity to treat any size home or structure.
Stages Of Treatment
Three trips are mandatory in order to perform the different stages of a liquid barrier treatment:
- A horizontal spray on compacted fill after the plumbing inspection; before pouring of foundation and slab.
- Treatment of any areas abutting the existing slab before they are poured; such as driveways, patios, and walkways.
- Final perimeter treatment after the irrigation, landscaping, and turf grass is installed.
The Environmentally Sensible System for Termite Baiting
There are many different pre-treatment methods available today, but what technique is best for the builder? Hulett's Termite Baiting System saves precious time, is not weather dependent, keeps crews working, and saves the builder worry and money!
What are the advantages of Hulett's termite baiting system?
- NO more interruptions to the building process.
- NO more scheduling hassles.
- NO more need to leave the job site during the treatment.
- NO more weather delays.
- NO more problems with treatments near water.
What is a termite baiting system?
- Controls termites with an odorless, less invasive, targeted approach.
- Provides an environmentally sensible solution.
- Has low impact on human health; low toxicity to birds, fish, and plants; low potential for groundwater contamination.
- Requires no drilling in floors or trenching around the home.
How does a termite baiting system work?
- Termite stations are placed in the soil in prime termite-foraging areas around the house.
- The termite stations are checked for signs of termite activity.
- When termites are found in the termite stations, they are transferred to a bait cartridge placed in the stations.
- Termites feed on the termite bait, tunnel back to their colony, and send their nestmates back to feed on the bait.
- After the termites have been controlled, used bait cartridges are replaced with wood monitors.
Put the termite pre-treatment back in your hands with Hulett's Termite Baiting System!
The Proactive Solution for Pre-Construction Pest Control
All Slab Penetrations Are Treated With The Latest Non-Repellent Product.
Wall Voids Are Treated With Borate Materials And A Granular Bait Is Applied.
The Exterior Of The Structure Is Treated Just Before Occupancy.
- Protection begins much earlier…during construction.
- Integrated phases instead of just one treatment method.
- All critical areas are treated instead of just wall voids.
- Pests are stopped outside before they have a chance to enter and nest.
- Allows for pinpoint placement treatments instead of just blind applications.
- No plastic lines to clog or break, which often happens with "tubes in the wall systems."
- No deterioration of structural integrity due to installation.
- No unsightly wall boxes or patent binding services.
- Hulett's Healthy Home Program is designed by an Entomologist and performed by state licensed pest management professionals.
- Borate is a natural mineral product that offers longer lasting protection.
- Liquid materials use product transfer effect which means better insect control.
- Baits provide universal control to a wide range of pests.
The Long-term Solution To Wood Destroying Organisms
There are many different pre-treatment methods available today, but what technique is best for the builder? Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatment saves precious time, is not weather dependent, keeps crews working, and saves the builder worry and money!
Here are just a few of the benefits of Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatment:
- Saves you a full day of cycle time.
- Eliminates the need to coordinate schedules with cement companies and our office because Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatment is applied during the dried-in phase of construction.
- Your crews will no longer be required to leave the job site. With Conventional Liquid Pre-treatments, workers are required by law to leave the site and stay away until the application is complete. However, with Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatment your crews can keep on working.
- Eliminates weather delays. Conventional Liquid Pre-treatments require application to dry ground after the footers are ready to pour. Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatment is applied directly to the interior walls up to 2-feet above the slab.
- HUD's change in policy provides alternatives to builders. In 1999, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development changed its 99-A form to allow direct wood pre-treatment with BORA-CARE as a primary tool against termites in new home construction.
- Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatment has proven to be effective for more than 10 years. Studies at the Harrison Experimental Forest and Mississippi State University's Forest Products laboratory showed that it not only repelled termites but also prevented subterranean termites from tubing over wood.
- Pre-treatments with BORA-CARE near water sources are of no concern. With Conventional Liquid Pre-treatments, there's the chance of products leaching into nearby water sources. Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatments only treat the wood and therefore offer less risk.
- Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatments are environmentally conscious and popular with consumers. We no longer have to pump hundreds of gallons of product into the soil in order to keep termites out. Hulett's BORA-CARE is a low-odor product that's applied directly to the wood; answering the concerns of homeowners who are demanding an alternative to conventional treatments.
- BORA-CARE is within building code compliance. The National Evaluation Service Committee found that BORA-CARE complies with or is a suitable alternate to that specified in the 2000 International Building Code (including 2001 supplement). See NES Report # NER-617 at www.nateval.org.
- Excavation and landscaping do not affect Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatment. However, with Conventional Liquid Pre-treatments leaky water lines, landscaping, or other digging could break the soil termiticide barrier; rendering some Conventional Liquid Pre-treatments ineffective by the time the house is completed.
Put the termite pre-treatment back in your hands with Hulett's BORA-CARE Pre-treatment!