South Florida’s warm and humid weather provides a welcoming environment for household pests of all sorts. At Hulett Environmental Services, we take your home, your family and your pets into consideration when devising a plan to prevent pests from entering your home and property. Hulett’s environmental approach to Integrated Pest Management (IPM) gives our customers an environmentally responsible result to pest management. We use only high-quality materials and non-invasive methods to create a pest boundary around your property.
Traditional one-size-fits-all treatments do not take steps to effect colonies of pests that may have formed multiple nests on or near your property. With our strategically placed odorless baits and gels, when pests come into contact with these products they transfer them to the other members of their colonies.
Hulett focuses on the exterior of your home, to prevent pest problems where they originate
While integrating green initiatives, our environmentally responsible pest control service places emphasis on the pest prone exterior areas around your house. Focusing on your exterior our skilled, entomologist trained, technicians can regularly inspect, monitor and exclude pests before they can enter your home.
Preventing household pests through green initiatives reduces health risks posed by pests
Keeping many types of household pests, including roaches, rodents and flies out of your home reduces the health risks these and other pests can cause. Additionally, termites, as most South Florida residents know, can cause extensive structural damage, requiring costly repairs and lowering your property value, if left untreated. In the event of a pest problem in your home, Hulett inspects and treats your pest situation, consisting of pinpoint placement of treatments and using the most conservative amounts of baits or gels. When a spray product is necessary, we use low odor doses, in minimal applications. Because every home is different, we devise a plan customized to your home that safeguards your family and pets while protecting the environment.
Environmentally responsible methods for pest prevention
Some of our environmentally responsible methods that promote pest prevention include making your home less attractive to pests. Many of these methods are precautions that proactive homeowners can take on a regular basis to support green pest prevention methods.
Make the outside of your home a fortress against pests
- Seal or caulk cracks, crevices and holes in your foundation and around doors and windows to keep pests from entering your home through these small openings.
- Get rid of clutter and debris, such as wood piles and leftover construction materials around your home to eliminate possible nesting and breeding areas.
- Removing standing water and correcting water prone areas in your yard will reduce mosquito breeding environments.
- Cleaning gutters regularly and making sure downspouts drain away from your home, eliminates other mosquito breeding areas.
- Storing toys and gardening materials that can collect water in a dry storage area.
- Replace or repair torn window and door screens to keep bugs out.
- Install outside lighting away from doorways or use lighting that doesn’t attract bugs.
- Trim tree and shrub branches away from your house to eliminate bridges into your home.
- Keep mulch at least 6” away from your foundation to deter pests from trying to enter your home.
- Keep grass trimmed and remove areas of tall vegetation to reduce hiding places and nesting habitats.
- Sanitize outdoor trash receptacles and pads to keep pests away from your home.
Now for the inside of your home
- The first and most important thing is sanitation.
- Wipe down counters and sweep or vacuum floors in dining and food prep areas to cut down on pest food sources.
- Discard leftover food scraps in tight-lid trash receptacles and clean or rinse dishes immediately after meals and snacks will also reduce pest food sources.
- Store dry goods and dry pet foods in air-tight metal, glass or hard plastic containers.
- Wipe up pantry spills off rodent food supplies and avoid other pantry pests.
- Remove clutter and resist the urge to save cardboard boxes in your closets, attic or basement. Old cardboard provides hiding places for insects and nesting material for rodents.
- Repair leaky faucets to cut down on water supplies that most pests need to survive.
Just call Hulett Environmental Services and ask about our environmentally responsible pest prevention services. At Hulett, our environmentally responsible, Healthy Home pest prevention program stands out as a healthy alternative to routine smelly sprays and/or outdated methods that other pest control companies may use to treat for pests.
Our environmentally responsible program goes green with your South Florida home’s, loved ones’ and pets’ best interests at heart. Let Hulett customize a plan that creates a pest barrier around your property, in a non-invasive way. Using pinpointed placements of odorless baits and gels, we guarantee our environmentally responsible program will work for your home, family and the environment!
Just call Hulett for your free inspection and evaluation!