To help shield pets from the discomfort of ticks and fleas in their fur as pest activity increases in the warmer spring and summer months, Hulett Environmental Services recommends pet owners use the following tips:
- Check pets frequently for ticks and fleas. Be aware of excessive scratching and licking.
- Avoid walking dogs in tall grass, where fleas and ticks often hide.
- Bathe pets after walks or playtime with other animals.
- Frequently wash pet bedding, collars and plush toys.
- Wash bed linens and vacuum carpets, floors and furniture frequently.